College life has become more and more adventurous throughout the years. Currently, I’m in my junior year as an entrepreneurship student while juggling my work. It wasn’t easy though but having the courage to finish this course as one of my promise to my late beloved parents that helped me to ace my academics. With that, there’s a lot of work with endless lectures, readings, essays, reports, and presentations.
So, I keep on pushing myself to soak in as much knowledge as possible, seizing as much information that thrown from my professors. Allow me to share some handy tips on pinning down crucial points before, during, and after the lectures. For this is one of my academic problems when I was in highschool that help me adjust in my college life.
HOW TO TAKE DOWN LECTURE NOTES IN COLLEGE
BEFORE THE LECTURE
- Print out the Lecture notes if there’s any
- Fill out any example problems that are meant to do before the lecture
- Read in advance the lecture section to be discussed
- Take down notes
- Come prepared with any questions
DURING THE LECTURE
- Fix any mark up notes
- Highlight the one that’s being emphasize by your professor
- Write important thoughts in the margin if ever
- If you can, get answers to your listed questions
AFTER THE LECTURE
- Complete any homework/practice problems
- Optional: Rewrite your notes into a neat summary
The list above being mentioned can help you ace the part of taking notes, but it is also true that each one of us works and study differently when it comes to learning. Though mastering the art of taking a lecture notes can take a bit of trial and error, one thing I’m certain is that taking notes is one of the advantage that can help you remember more especially when writing essays as you journey through your academic.
Be humble, be teachable and always keep learning.Tweet
Thanks for being here,
Enjoyed reading the post? Feel free to hit the like button, leave your thoughts in the comment below, or you can follow the blog via email — if not, bookmark our page on your browser for you not to miss any single post.
LETS BE FRIENDS
Facebook | Twitter | Instagram | Pinterest | LinkedIn